The reconciliation agreement between Misrata and Tawergha is based on the following:
1. 3 billion in compensation paid to Misrata
2. Tawergha’s failure to raise any claims against Misrata after August 2011
3. Misrata militias control the city of Tawergha’s security gates
4. No one can enter the city of Tawergha without Misrata militia approval and a signed permit from the security authorities in Misrata
These are not conditions of reconciliation, but of humiliation and insult to Libyans in general and to Tawergha in particular!
- Tawerghans Prevented from Returning Home
- Supporters of the ‘System of the Masses’ Excluded from Reparations Agreement Between Tawergha and Misrata